Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Festivities

I loved the 4th of July this year. I don't know why, but it's just never been my favorite holiday. But this year I had a lot of fun.

My husband and I went up to his house for the day. In the morning, the two of us went to the Kaysville water parade. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of parades, but whoever came up with the idea of a water parade is a genius. It was so crazy and so fun. Strangers soaking strangers and everyone is okay with it. I thought it was great.

After the parade, we came home and played with a bouncy ball that we caught at the parade on the driveway while the sun dried our clothes. And Corbin lit firecrackers, or something like that. I swore he was going to start the tree on fire, but he didn't.

We also went swimming with our niece and nephew, Carter and Lily. It was great. It was my first time being swimming outside all summer. Sad day--I work at a pool and I didn't go swimming outside once in the month of June! I just love hanging out in the pool. It feels like a second home. Carter and Lily don't love swimming and of course being the experienced swim teacher that I am (haha) I just wanted to dunk them, but I didn't. I resisted the urge.

After our party at the pool, we ate a delicious BBQ and lit fireworks. We didn't do anything terribly spectacular, but it was a great day. We kept ourselves busy and I was pooped by the end of the day.

During the car ride home I fell asleep--surprise, surprise. I woke up once during the drive home and I heard my husband whispering very quietly to himself. I thought it was a little bizarre, but I brushed it off and went back to sleep. I woke up again about 20 minutes later, and the same thing--husband whispering quietly to himself. I was sure I was married to a crazy man!!! Come to find out he was just practicing his times tables. I guess I'm married to only a half crazy man! :) Love ya hun!

Here are the only pictures we took that day. Us before going swimming.




Happy Fourth of July everyone!

No comments: