Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Moab

Once finals were over, Patrick and I were both ready to get away! Neither of us had to work, so we decided to go camping in Moab. We had a blast. It was a short trip, but we were grateful to get away and forget about life for a while.

Our campsite was so funny. Notice the fence separating our tent spot from the next guys! We loved it anyway and it was a great place for our weekend away. Our poor little car was so out of place in Moab with all of the big jeeps and trucks.

When we got to Moab on Thursday we made a little fire (which turned out to be quite the ordeal...we had no kindling and semi-wet wood) and ate delicious tinfoil dinners. There is just something about a tinfoil dinner cooked over a fire!

On Friday, we woke up and accidentally locked the keys in the car! Haha. What a fun adventure. But it actually wasn't too bad. Our insurance company came and broke into our car for free within an hour. After that we took off to Arches National Park and spent the day there. So beautiful.

The weather in Moab was perfect, except the wind. So pardon the wind blown look in all the pictures. It was so windy when we got up to Delicate Arch. It made me more nervous than I already was. I am such a wimp. I love to hike and be in the mountains, but I get really nervous about falling off cliffs and what not. I thought I was going to blow over.

This was probably one of my favorite spots in Arches. It is just a little window that you can see the arch through. It was gorgeous.

Patrick and I next to the arch. Only after he dragged me over there! It was so windy and everything was blowing away and I felt out of control.

Double Arch

Balancing Rock

No comments: