Thursday, April 21, 2011

Half a Year

Time sure flies. Megan is over 6 months old now. I had a 5 month update for her, but never posted it. It's below. So it's Megan overload on the blog today.

Here's what she's been up to...



"Crawling" and sitting up. I'm not sure how I feel about the crawling. It started just before she was 6 months. It is fun to see her get around, but it sure makes life a little crazier. I definitely can't take my eyes off her for a minute! And sorry the video is sideways. I can't flip it. I don't know why I took it that way.

She loves it when anyone claps and cheers for her. It always gets a reaction like the picture above. It also seems like she's tried to clap a few times, but hasn't been successful.

She went to the doctor again this month. Here are the stats:
Height: 26.97 inches --> 89th percentile
Weight: 16 lbs 12.5 oz --> 66th percentile
Head Circumference: 41 cm --> 12th percentile

So, she's staying about the same. Really tall. A little heavier than average. And a small head.

Other things we've been up to this month:
- Megan really likes looking at books...and eating books.
- We spent a couple days at Grandma Clayson's last week while dad was in St. George at a conference. Megan was definitely showered with attention and we got to spend a good few days with Uncle Curtis before he left on his mission.
- She is getting so noisy. She just likes hearing her own voice. So if she gets bored, watch out because she'll just start screaming and making silly noises. It makes church and the car more interesting! :)
- Megan has also been starting to get into solids. She doesn't love anything yet. She has had rice cereal, applesauce, and pears. We'll probably try some sort of vegetable next week and see if she likes that any better.

Basically she is super fun and we love her to death. I can't believe she's growing and changing so fast!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Ok, how long is it since I've seen her? I have not seen her sit up or do her little crawl yet! Holy cow! Where have I been? You're getting a big girl there!